The popular and versatile shellfish – mussels – get smothered in a rich white wine-tomato sauce loaded with black olives for a lip-smacking dining experience. This recipe is so good, your diners will crave seconds.
Watch the Pasta with Mussels, Tomato and Olives recipe video
Get the recipe here!
This mouth-watering pasta dish is surprisingly easy to make, thanks to Knorr Tomato Pronto. If you want to give your mussels extra oomph, watch the video below for a tip.
Tip video: Give your mussels a boost of flavours!
Chef’s tips & techniques
- Partially remove the mussel shells before serving for ease of eating.
- Make sure all elements are well mixed for maximum flavour.
- You can also use penne pasta and spaghetti if you can’t find mezzanelli.
- Nutritional tip: Did you know? Olives are a rich source of Vitamin E.
- Chef Mark’s top tip: “To avoid the garlic from burning, add it after the mussels.”
What other seafood/shellfish works well with the tomato sauce?
Use other shellfish such as vongole or regional molluscs.
Knorr Pronto Tomato sauce delivers superior quality and taste consistently. Made from 40 freshly-chopped, quality Italian tomatoes together with sunflowers oil and onion, rest assured that the flavours brought out in your Western dishes will be authentic regardless of your staff's skill levels. As a versatile sauce, – use it for your tomato-based spaghetti, dips and even as a soup base for tomato soups. All you have to do is pour out the sauce from the tomato sauce can and heat it up, saving time and effort. With MSG added and endorsed by Health Promotion Board (HPB) as a healthier choice with lower sugar*, provide healthier meals for your diners.Find out more