The popular and versatile shellfish – mussels – get smothered in a rich white wine-tomato sauce loaded with black olives for a lip-smacking dining experience. This recipe is so good, your diners will crave seconds.
Watch the Pasta with Mussels, Tomato and Olives recipe video
Get the recipe here!
This mouth-watering pasta dish is surprisingly easy to make, thanks to Knorr Tomato Pronto. If you want to give your mussels extra oomph, watch the video below for a tip.
Tip video: Give your mussels a boost of flavours!
Chef’s tips & techniques
- Partially remove the mussel shells before serving for ease of eating.
- Make sure all elements are well mixed for maximum flavour.
- You can also use penne pasta and spaghetti if you can’t find mezzanelli.
- Nutritional tip: Did you know? Olives are a rich source of Vitamin E.
- Chef Mark’s top tip: “To avoid the garlic from burning, add it after the mussels.”
What other seafood/shellfish works well with the tomato sauce?
Use other shellfish such as vongole or regional molluscs.
Made with sustainably grown Italian tomatoes, Knorr Pronto Tomato is a ready to use concentrated tomato sauce that is ideal for a wide range of dish applications. Simply add desired amount to enrich soups, sauces and meat or fish dishes for authentic Italian taste and flavours.Find out more