Baking is a healthy option to cooking this popular lean protein. Complemented with fragrant mushroom sauce and leek oil, this version is best served up hot and juicy from the oven.
Watch the Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce and Leek Oil recipe video
Get the recipe here!
Everyone loves tender roasted chicken, especially when it’s accompanied by a delicious sauce. Here’s a tip that shows you why leek oil beautifully complements this dish.
Tip video: See why leek oil is ideal for this recipe!
Chef’s tips & techniques
- To make the leek oil, heat vegetable oil to 60°C, blend the green part of the leek with the oil, then cool down and use to garnish. Torch the leek for a nice roasted touch and improve presentation.
- “Burn” the shallots slightly for a nicer flavour and better look.
- To give your dish better presentation, use green and white mushrooms, more herbs and a black plate so the sauce and ingredients pop.
- You can replace green leeks with spring onion.
- For a little kick, add a dollop of mustard to the sauce.
- Nutritional tip: You may substitute crème fraiche with low fat cream.
- Chef Mark’s top tip: “Use chicken leg or thigh instead of other cuts like breast for the best taste and texture.”
Do I need to BBQ the chicken?
No, you can roast it in the oven or pan fry it.
What if I don’t have green leeks to make the oil?
You can use parsley or spinach, or even the green part of spring onions. Alternatively, you can use spring onion oil.
Can I use my oven?
Yes, as long as you keep the oven at 120°C.
What are other types of protein I can use with mushroom sauce?
Chicken can be swapped for a pork steak or veal cutlets.
Knorr Demi Glace Brown Sauce helps you attain delicious and authentic roasted beef aroma quickly and with less effort, letting your prepare for big banquets or events with ease. On a day-to-day basis, it remains the go-to sauce for steaks and other Western or Fusion dishes. The sauce ingredients are selected with freezing and storing in mind, which makes it suitable for the freeze-thaw cycle at central kitchens. Even so, Knorr Demi Glace Brown Sauce delivers long lasting flavour, having the same texture and consistency even after 5 days.Find out more
Knorr — No. 1 Chicken Stock Brand in Singapore. Knorr Concentrated Chicken Stock helps you to bring out the best flavours of your dish with its natural richness derived from high meat content. Beyond flavour, the concentrated liquid format allows for faster and better flavour delivery across all applications, letting you serve your diners delicious food faster. As a Knorr chicken stock, it is also multi-functional, and acts as a great soup base, or a key part of your stir fry dishes, grills, and marinades. Best of all — it contains lower sodium and is the healthier choice when preparing meals for your diners.Find out more